Friday, November 18, 2005

Tools that make me moist in the pants

It has been a long time since I saw a peice of software (Especially a plugin) that makes me go "Wow how did I ever live without this / why didn't I think of that?". I have only played with the IE Dev toolbar for 5 mins now and I had to write about it.

1. Allows you to hightlight all tables or table cells or divs on a page
2. Show the DOM of a page in a handy little treeview
3. Easily disable Cache, Images, Cookies, script, or the popup blocker
4. Validate a pages HTML, CSS, XHTML, Feed, links, and some other stuff I don't know about
5. Show image dimensions, filesizes, alt tags, and paths
6. Resize the browser window to any size you want (great for testing a site that needs to be 800x600 compatible)
7. Shortcuts to clear cookies, cache, and possibly session (i.e. server side cookies)
8. A ruler that you can draw on a page and get the pixel measurements of items on the page

thats what I have discovered in ten minutes.

The IE download is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

Also for the Mozilla/Firefox people out there there is apparently a tool like it that can be found here:
http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home